Dear Valued Member,
The World Health Organization (WHO) as of March 11, 2020 has labelled the coronavirus (COVID–19) a pandemic as the virus continues to spread in multiple countries around the world.
Barbados, like the rest of the world is on heightened alert!
The Barbados Chamber of Commerce and Industry (BCCI) was invited to participate in a meeting of stakeholders convened by the Honorable Prime Minister, Mia Amor Mottley on Tuesday, March 10, 20201 to discuss National Preparedness Measures for COVID-19. The BCCI was represented at the meeting by President Trisha Tannis and Executive Director Misha Lobban-Clarke.
In light of the urgency for individuals and businesses here in Barbados to begin to take all the necessary precautionary measures for the impact of COVID-19, the BCCI would like to support you our members with key updates and information as necessary. The Chamber will also be looking at implementing various measures to support members as you seek to mitigate the level of risks to your business. These will include:
- Informational sessions for members. Our first members’ session is scheduled for next week Wednesday, March 18 where we have invited the Ministry of Health to discuss the critical areas of health and safety and the potential impact of this pandemic on businesses island wide.
- Continued representation and collaboration with Government in the interest of the business sector.
- Providing updates to members from official governmental authorities, WHO and other informed sources.
- Providing support and guidance where needed.
Finally, we take the opportunity to share with you this document from the World Health Organization on getting your workplace ready for COVID-19.
The document provides advice on:
- Simple ways to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in your workplace.
- How to manage COVID-19 risks when organizing meetings & events.
- Things to consider when you and your employees travel.
- Getting your workplace ready in case COVID-19 arrives in your community.
Click the below link to access the document:
We wish you success in getting your workplace ready!
Executive Director, BCCI